Tuesday, March 13, 2012

City of Fallen Angels

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The curse of the overly drawn out series ...

The Mortal Instruments reminds me of Lost. I enjoyed the first few books. None of them were soul shattering, but fun reads - and each had an ending that made me want to go grab the next one immediately. That's not bad, any of it. Brain candy is fun, and I enjoyed the characters (especially Simon).

Unfortunately, just like Kate and Jack in Lost, the two main rcharacters have really gotten to the point where I just want to slap them both silly and hope they call into a demon pit so we can pay a little more attention to the other characters.

There were other aspects of this one that seemed a little phoned in, which I won't go into for spoiler possibilities, but overall it feels like Clare is dragging out a revenue generator. I don't blame her for it (in fact, I envy her - oh, to have that problem), but it's just losing steam.

That said, I'll keep reading ...

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment