Monday, March 5, 2012

Leptin RX Experiment Day One

OK, Day One and I already screwed up, yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

But before we get to that, let's get to some numbers. Well, one number.

181.6

I haven't taken pictures or taken measurements, I'll do that tonight and post with Day Two, but the above is my weight per my completely unreliable bathroom scale that can deviate up to three pounds depending on exactly which tile in the bathroom it's sitting on. But for now, it's what I'll use. Part of the prescription is to purchase an item of clothing in a goal size, which will be an 8 for me, so I need to do that as well. Much more reliable than a scale anyway.

How did I screw up, though? Not enough protein at breakfast. I made four eggs and one egg white (leftover from making homemade mayo yesterday), and that only came to 31 grams of protein. Holy. Ovo. Batman. I'm going to need to have six eggs every morning, or add some other kind of protein - meat - to make up for it. I thought eggs had more protein than that. SIX EGGS! That's a lot. I had trouble eating what I had this morning, to be honest. But I can do it.

But I ended the day fine - 51 carbs, net. Big salad for lunch, and then a chunk of beef on homemade flax bread, with some homemade slaw with homemade mayo (which really - you should try making your own, it's excellent), and finished eating by 6:15. I don't feel awesome today, but I haven't felt awesome for a week and think I'm still coming off of some kind of bug. And I know well enough to know that I should anticipate some painful days in the next week or so ... so it's all good. If that makes sense.

Tomorrow, more protein! And pictures. Maybe. I have to find something to wear ...

No comments:

Post a Comment